Search This Blog

Thursday 15 March 2018

If You're Feeling Sinister


I thought that I had featured more of indie favourites Belle and Sebastian than I actually have.
I also thought that I had featured this album and the title track before (I have however featured The Stars of Track and Field in a themed post).
It seems that I was wrong there.
From 1996  (22 years ago for goodness sake) on the Jeepster label this was their second album and the one which shot them to fame.


Tweemendous stuff



Belle and Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister

Belle and Sebastian - Me and the Major

7 comments:

  1. This is the first stuff I remember hearing by B&S and, along with 'Dear Catastrophe Waitress', remains a favourite.
    22 years? Jeez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only two albums of theirs that I have Swede

      Delete
    2. You at the very least still need the Boy With the Arab Strap then.

      Delete
  2. I discovered they have a new album out which some people are describing as a return to form (although after 22 years, if a band are still releasing records, every one generally gets called a return to form by somebody). I asked for it for my birthday... but I also asked for some other stuff... so we'll see if it arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing profound to say but I've got 6 albums, 2 compilations, one Live album, one EP and 2 singles of theirs which sounds boastful but actually means I really like 'em. Hard to pick a favourite (I know you've not asked) but I'm A Cuckoo is pretty damn good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very good album, but I still think to get the best of their early output you should keep an eye out for 'Push Barman To Open Old Wounds', the compilation that brings together all the tracks from the early EPs and singles.

    ReplyDelete