Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 December 2017

Reggae Fever


Some reggae fever for you today to help ease that chill in your bones.
From the Handsworth area of Birmingham I was pretty sure that I had featured Steel Pulse before but apparently not although Ku Klux Klan has appeared from a Mojo Made in Britain Compilation.
The only album of theirs that I have is from 1984 and is one of the Island Masters Reggae Greats series that you used to be able to pick up for a couple of quid.
I also have the Black Uhuru one. I  should keep my eye out for more to add to my meagre reggae section.

Steel Pulse - Reggae Fever

Steel Pulse - Handsworth Revolution




3 comments:

  1. Bought a couple of Steel Pulse albums back in the day and I had Black Uhuru's "Red", which I really liked, especially "Sponji Reggae" and "Youth Of Eglington"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Class, CC. Certainly warms the old cockles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Class indeed. I had the Handsworth Revolution album as a teenager and loved it, then sadly we got rid of all our old records over the years and have never replaced all of them. I'm thinking this is one that deserves to be on the shelves again.

    ReplyDelete