Search This Blog

Monday 20 November 2017

Langford Turns Sixty



The legend that is Jon Langford turned 60 in October. I read about it at the time but have not got round to posting about it until now. Better late than never I suppose
From Newport in Wales he has been resident in Chicago for many years where he has been a  stalwart of Bloodshot Records and the Godfathers of insurgent country music.
I would be here until after Christmas were I to list all his collaborations and bands he has been been involved with so for now I'll settle for The Mekons, The Three Johns, The Waco Brothers and The Pine Valley Cosmonauts.
Here he is in some of his various guises.

Jon Langford - Nashville Radio

Sally Timms & Jon Langford - I Picked Up The Pieces

Jonboy Langford & the Pine Valley Cosmonauts - Give my Love to Rose

PS- apologies to anyone who appears to have dropped off my blog list.
I inadvertently deleted it and have tried to rebuild it. I suspect I may have missed out a couple who were on previously.
Please let me know if I've missed anyone.

3 comments:

  1. Belated greetings Mr Langford.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea he was from Newport. An overlooked local hero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beleted greetings Jon as well. Always good to listen to songs by band he was collaborated.

    ReplyDelete