Search This Blog

Monday 18 September 2017

Step Inside This House


Step Inside This House from 1998 is the 7th album by Lyle Lovett and unlike  it's predecessors which consisted mostly of self-penned tunes this one is an album of cover songs written by fellow Texans.
Lyle plumped for those artists who were relatively unknown.
The title track is by  Guy Clark.Part of me would rather he had had a go at Slip Inside This House by fellow Texans The 13th Floor Elevators.
Flyin' Shoes is of course the title track of an album by the late great Townes Van Zandt.
My copy of the traditional Texan River Song cuts out at 3 minutes 53 seconds as opposed to the intended 4 minutes and 9 secons so you probably miss a a Fa La La Lee. My apologies

Lyle Lovett - Step Inside This House

Lyle Lovett - Flyin' Shoes

Lyle Lovett - Texas River Song

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of track 1. The woman lying next to me is no fan of song 2 (but I'm not going to tell she's wrong there).

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...........bugger, she's seen me typing that........

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason Lyle fell off my radar between 'The Road to Ensenada' and this album, I'm not sure why because I like his music a lot. Also, I saw him in concert several times in the late 80's/early 90s and can report that he's a very funny guy.

    ReplyDelete