Search This Blog

Friday 8 September 2017

A Camp


When I featured Nina Persson recently on Burnt Offerings 31 there was an outpouring of love in the comments section for her other band A Camp
As I value the taste and judgement of the commentators and as the self titled 2001 album produced by the late Mark Linkous of Sparklehorse fame was available ridiculously cheaply I took the plunge.

First impressions are pretty good with the possible exception of The Oddness of the Lord.
It would be churlish not to feature I Can Buy You championed by Rol or the cover of The Restless Hearts song The Bluest Eyes in Texas highlighted by Drew

As for C and Spence I'm afraid you'll have to make do with the video of Love Has Left the Room until I get round to purchasing Colonia

A Camp - I Can Buy You

A Camp - The Bluest Eyes in Texas


4 comments:

  1. Yes, great stuff, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha yes I'll settle for that (for the time being). First things first, I liked both yr selections and can now confidently add it to my 'want's list' - in my book it only takes one track to stand out, burn it and move it on. Mark Linkous' involvement has to count for something too. As for the vid, best just close your eyes and listen. Big thanks too for highlighting 3 more blogs for me to check out - where'm I going to find the time? I will of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in as a fan too.....

    ReplyDelete