Search This Blog

Thursday 11 May 2017

Your Favourite Danish Band


From 2003 Chain Gang of Love on Columbia was the first full length album by Danish due The Raveonettes.
I think it is alright but not a patch on it's predecessor the 20 minute 8 track EP Whip it On.
Like Whip it On the majority of the songs come in at under 3 minutes and it is recorded in B minor giving it a somewhat scuzzy sound.
The only time I ever saw them live blowing away the headliners Razorllight at King Tuts lives long in the memory.

I could be wrong but I think that Drew only uttered the words Sharin Foo once over the weekend

The Raveonettes - Heartbreak Stroll

The Raveonettes - Chain Gang of Love

7 comments:

  1. Not just my favourite Danish band, but one of my favourite bands full stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly twice CC. I haven't really got into the new album yet, i will need to give it another couple of spins. The follow up to Chain Gang, Pretty In Black is my favourite album.

    It's about time they came back to Glasgow, it has been a few years now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Den Sorte Skole are my favourite Danish band. They are playing at the world music festival here in a couple of months.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2RCshDv60

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yung are my favourite danish band. Followed by communions and then iceage. Denmark rocks.
    Swc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent - Also jealous of those cheekbones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SWC sent a comment which never appeared here for some reason:

    Yung are my favourite danish band. Followed by communions and then iceage. Denmark rocks.
    Swc

    ReplyDelete
  7. In faith the only two Danish bands/artists I've heard of (apart from Burning Red Ivanhoe from a lifetime ago) are Oh Land and Efterlklang. This Oh Land pop song has its merits http://tinyurl.com/m9jthcj

    ReplyDelete