Search This Blog

Friday 19 May 2017

Catie and Kelly

Catie

Following on from my recent featuring of Patty Griffin I though that for this week's obligatory Americana post that I would feature another two female artists that I don't have anything from other than the occasional song on a compilation.
These two are taken from the Beginners Guide to American Roots CD3 Modern Americana

First up is Catie Curtis who first made a splash on the Boston folk scene in the early 90's She has been releasing records regularly since 1989 with this song coming from her 2001 album My Shirt Looks Good on You

Kelly




Kelly Willis was born on Oklahoma but now resides in Austin with her husband, fellow Americana artist Bruce Robison.
She has been on the go for pretty much the same amount of time as Catie . This song is taken from her 2002 album Easy.
In fact I have just noticed that I actually have one of her albums 1999's What I Deserve one I clearly have not gotten around to featuring here as yet.
She also does a great song with Robbie Fulks called Parallel Bars. 





Catie Curtis - Love Takes The Best Of You

Kelly Willis - Easy (As Falling Apart)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Kelly Willis - I've always thought she deserved more attention than she got. She does a particularly nice version of "Me & Mrs Jones", for when you get round to that Billy Paul originals vs cover versions series than must be on its way

    ReplyDelete