Search This Blog

Thursday 6 April 2017

Upgraded - It's Blitz


The next two days will feature posts from a new occassional series - Upgraded.
Like most of you I would imagine I have a number of burns rather than original CDs - either from the library or from friends.
Burns officially don't count so it is always good to upgrade to the actual disc particularly when your local charity shop is selling them for 50p a pop.It's also ggod to get your hands on the sleevenotes and the cover as well.
The first to feature is one which I know will delight The Robster and indeed I suspect many more of you.
The post title somewhat gives it away but not necessarily the album cover.Yes it is It's Blitz! the third album by New York's Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
An album I'm willing to bet which is on the shelves of both Stina Tweeddale of Honeyblood and Jehnny Beth of Savages.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Shame and Fortune

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Runaway

Seconds out tomorro

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic record. Delighted? You bet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in as delighted as well. I know I didn't find my copy for 50p. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LP. Memories of it somewhat soured by the fact that it led to a dmca notice on the old blog a few years ago. When that happened, I tended to bodyswerve the singer or band for a long while after....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've posted them a couple of times now and escaped DMCA attention
      Must have a lower profile than you JC!

      Delete