Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 February 2017

3..6..9 Seconds of Light


The above picture is the view from our bedroom window on Friday night in the Inn at Ardgour where we had an overnight courtesy of a Christmas present from my brother and sister-in -law. Thank you folks.

A lovely drive there and a five minute ferry journey there and back.Also an opportunity for a quick trawl of the charity shops of Fort William and Oban.
Meagre pickings with the exception of one fantastic find which will feature shortly
The only purchase in Oban was 3..6.. 9 Seconds of Light a 1997 EP by Belle & Sebastian on the Jeepster label picked up for a pound.
I've still to give it a proper listen but tracks 3 and 4 where the ones that made an initial impression
You are actually getting three for the price two as  track 4 also contains an unlisted hidden track Songs for Children. Don't say I'm not good to you.

Belle & Sebastian - Beautiful

Belle & Sebastian - Put The Book Back on The Shelf

14 comments:

  1. really like A Century of Fakers another version of which, A Century of Elvis which can be found on the Lazy Line Painter Jane ep is even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect that I will get round to posting the other two tracks in due course Drew

      Delete
    2. A Century of Elvis is one of my favourites from B&S.

      Delete
  2. Thankfully not a photo from outside the window looking in.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is such an easterly point still Ardnamurchan?

      Delete
    2. Maybe Morvern although the whole peninsula seems to be referred to as Ardnamurchan

      Delete
    3. The first time I was in Kilchoan and asked the barman in the Sonachan when he closed. I was informed "October"!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely present and a lovely view (is that a Ribena I see?) - You have a very thoughtful brother.

    Also a beautiful song called Beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo - great light. And that glass is a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back in the late 90s Mrs Swiss and me visited the Oban and Fort William area a couple of times. Must go back sometime

    ReplyDelete
  6. Photo makes me think you were visiting my stomping ground here in the Pacific Northwest. I have every B&S album but only a couple of the many EPs they have released through the years. Don't have this one. Love this period though. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs CC gets the credit for the photo
    And it is a well known fact that Rioja is Spanish for Ribena!

    ReplyDelete