Search This Blog

Monday 24 October 2016

Leopard Skin Onesie


I heard this on 6 Music the other day when I was off work and feeling poorly and I thought I should share it with you.
If you are a fan of Half Man Half Biscuit, and who isn't, this may well appeal to you.
The Humdrum Express is Ian Passey from downtown Kidderminster.
This song is available free on Bandcamp and he also has a number of tracks available to download on Soundcloud.

This song namechecks Sam Smith and TV Smith only one of whom features on the shelves.

The Humbrum Express - Leopard Print Onesie

The Adverts - No Time To Be 21

9 comments:

  1. Very well observed lyrics - excellent stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which Sam Smith album is on your shelves? Or are you going to claim it's a Mrs CC album?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure whether either of us has knowingly ever heard a Sam Smith song

      Delete
  3. This is brilliant, thanks for posting. All so familiar and when distilled into 4 minutes, doesn't it all seem even more ridiculous and ultimately futile...?! What a strange world.
    One of my favourite Adverts songs too.
    Side by side these two highlight (to a degree that makes me slightly giddy!) the gulf between then and now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read your post again and had meant to say earlier, sorry to hear that you were poorly and hope you feel better now!

      Delete
  4. Never let it be said that blogging is killing music.

    I just bought his latest album on the back of this post, and was happy to discover he's got a few more I'll be adding to my collection soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant stuff. One new and one of my favourites from times long gone by. Keep your head up, mate-

    ReplyDelete
  6. New to me. The list of philosophers and brainy folk in the early part of the song made me laugh out loud!

    This is very good.

    ReplyDelete