Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 June 2016

Springtime in Summertime


Is it now officially summer?
It seems that way in Glasgow where it has been scorching .
When better then to feature an album called Springtime
On Saturday I posted a song from this album from Louisville band Freakwater to commemorate the passing of that town's most famous citizen.
Playing the album again had me thinking that A) it would not have been out of place on my recent Bluegrass Monday series and B) it was too good not to share a couple more tracks with you.
Featuring the wonderful harmonies of Janet Bean and Catherine Irwin it is from 1998 and was released on the Thrill Jockey label
The have just released Scheherazade their first album in nine years on the Bloodshot label which seems a natural home for them.
Scheherazade  was a legendary queen and the story teller of One Thousand and One Nights (I didn't know that, I had to look it up).

Freakwater - Picture in my Mind

Freakwater - Twisted Wire

3 comments:

  1. Quality album today, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is rather good isn't it?
    I hadn't listened to it for a long time. Too long

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear Freakwater again and excellent to learn that they have released new music. I used to play them a lot in the shop in the mid 90's, irritating all the Sabbath fans with their interpretation of 'War Pigs' - happy days!

    ReplyDelete