Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 May 2016

Welder


I recently downloaded some Thad Cockrell tunes on Noisetrade.
It highlighted Snapshot by Elizabeth Cook in the "you may also like " section so I downloaded that as well.

I was familiar with her work as I had her 2010 album Welder copied from the library.
So named because she is a qualified welder as is her father and also Her Heroin Addict Sister which is a song on the album.
As well as being a welder her father honed his skills on the upright bass in the prison band whilst serving time for running  moonshine.

Ideal qualifications then for an Americana artist as I'm sure you'll agree

Elizabeth Cook - El Camino

Elizabeth Cook - Heroin Addict Sister

And here is one not on Welder

Elizabeth Cook - Gospel Plow

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff. The only one of hers I knew was Sometimes It Takes Balls To Be A Woman...

    ReplyDelete