Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 May 2016

Another Logo


Jamie enjoyed the picture of the badge with The Cramps logo so I thought I would follow it up with another logo this time that of uber crusties New Model Army.
Founded in Bradford in 1980 and still going strong with front man Justin Sullivan an ever present.
It seems that they have a fairly fanatical following. Indeed George the Peanut Farmer knew a postie in Newcastle Upon Tyne who had seen them over 70 times.
I suspect that he would have been familiar with these two songs from 1986 and 1987 when they were at the height of their popularity.
Taken from History - the Singles 85-91
I'm not sure whether they have really stood the test of time

New Model Army -51st State

New Model Army - Poison Street

5 comments:

  1. I love NMA, I have to say. Their recent stuff is dead good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was Matt (I can't remember his wife's name). He used to wear those big clog boots. And he was indeed a fanatic. And a fellow regular at The Free Trade. Like you I don't think the songs have aged well (unlike us, of course).

    ReplyDelete