Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 October 2015

The Upside of the Darren Incident


Every cloud has a silver lining or so they say.
So despite the Darren Hayes/ Darren Hayman faux pas I did not come away empty handed as I also picked up 10,000 Maniacs contribution to the MTV Unplugged Series.

When I recently posted Blind Man's Zoo The Robster advised that this was the one to get and it is indeed 49 pence well spent.
Some of you will be familiar with the first tune. You will all be familiar with the second

10,000 Maniacs - Hey Jack Kerouac

10,000 Maniacs - Because The Night

5 comments:

  1. A great version of Hey Jack Kerouac that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fave 10,000 Maniacs record, my fave live record ever. A wonderful, wonderful thing it is. I cannot listen to it without falling head over heels in love with Natalie Merchant time and time again.

    The best 49p you'll have ever spent, CC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has to be one of the best titles for a post I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 49 pence? That's an absolute steal. I dream about such bargains. Like The Robster my swooning love for Natalie circa 10,000 maniacs is undiminished, Sadly, I'm hit with the stark reality that her solo career has been pretty uninspiring though I did like her duet with Billy Bragg on Woody Guthrie's Way Over Yonder In The Minor Key. Looking to post that I instead came across them and Michael Stipe doing this http://tinyurl.com/ow354fm. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover of Because the Night was, by far, the biggest hit 10,000 Maniacs ever had here in America... peaking at No. 11 on the Billboard Hot 100. Both of these songs are biggies for me.

    ReplyDelete