Search This Blog

Thursday 4 June 2015

Like Corporation Buses






Cardigans records - just like Corporation buses, none for ages and then two come along at once.
Until my recent trip to St Andrews I didn't have anything by The Cardigans. However, that soon changed with the purchase of 1995's Life for 50p and 1998's Grand Turismo for a couple of quid,
And rather good they  are too.
Nothing highfalutin just good old fashioned three minute pop records courtesy of Peter, Bengt, Magnus, Lars-Olof and Nina
Life is full of jingly jangly tunes which I think would find favour with our good friend Brian I'm not sure if they have featured yet in his excellent top 100 songs of the 90's but if not I suspect it is only a matter of time.
There is a slight evolution in that Grand Turismo dips it's toe into the world of Electronica. Just it's toe mind as it is still a stonkin' pop record.
Here's a song from each record

The Cardigans - Daddy's Car

The Cardigans - Erase/Rewind

8 comments:

  1. Ditto! Gran Turismo turned up in charity shop around here not long ago tpp - and it's one that will be staying on our shelf... Erase/Rewind definitely a favourite from it, I also love Starter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS and I love those colourful buses!

      Delete
  2. Hi CC. I have both of these albums, plus one more, and I'm sure you can guess which one, but you'll have to wait to see if the lovely Nina made the cut. I'm approaching the top 40. So, I would have to be quite a fan. You got a bargain with that 50p for Life. The wonderful song Carnival is certainly worth some loose change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leaving us in suspense Brian - you're such a tease

    ReplyDelete
  4. As The Swede says, faultless pop. I'm heading to St Andrews in July, think I will have to pay a visit to their charity shops while I am there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are about half a dozen of them Scott but it has to be said the students there have a pretty poor taste in music. I'm noticing less and less CDs these days probably due to downloading. They could go the way of the video!

      Delete
  5. That's a really interesting observation, CC. I was in a store the other day that was about 50/50 between CDs and vinyl. One half of the store was completely clear of customers. You can guess which one. Like you say, it may not be too much longer...

    ReplyDelete