Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 May 2015

The Penultimate Emmylou and Friends



Nearly there now - only two weeks to go
This week we feature two songs from film soundtracks
From 1980 Emmylou appears with another musical giant in the shape of the Big O himself Mr Roy Orbison with That Lovin' You Feelin' Again taken from the soundtrack of a film called Roadie.
I'm not familiar with it but  research tells me it was directed by Alan Rudolph and is about a truck driver who becomes a roadie for a travelling rock and roll show.
It gets between one and three stars from various reviewers so no classic I suspect.

I have seen the other one which is O Brother, Where Art Thou? The Coen Brothers rarely make a bad film but in this case they clearly were prepared to make an exception.
The soundtrack,on the other hand, thanks to the production of T Bone Burnett is absolutely terrific.
Emmylou makes a very brief appearance in the company of Gillian Welch and Alison Krauss.

The final selection next week.

Emmylou Harris with Roy Orbison - That Lovin' You Feelin'Again

Gillian Welch, Alison Krauss & Emmylou Harris - Didn't Leave Nobody But The Baby

3 comments:

  1. Two of my favourite vocalists duetting together on the sublime That Lovin' You Feelin' Again. So many great tacks in this mini Emmylou series CC, but this is the one for me. Totally agree 'bout Oh Brother, my least fave Coen Brothers movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Scott - I've borrowed a copy of The Trinity Session by Cowboy Junkies which I know is one of your favourites. Excellent stuff

      Delete
  2. What a dream team, that Emmylou and Roy. Really like this one,

    ReplyDelete