Search This Blog

Monday 26 May 2014

Yo Pretty Ladies Around the World


When I recently posted El Presidente I mentioned that Dante Gizzi had formerly been a member of Gun best known for their cover of Cameo's Word Up!
Therefore when I saw Gun's album Swagger, which contains said song, for 50p in Oxfam in St Andrews it seemed too good an opportunity to pass up.
Dante(on bass) is joined by brother Giuliano on guitar, Mark Rankin on vocals and Mark Kerr on drums on this album from 1994.
The majority of  the album is not unpleasant heavy metal lite if such a sub genre exists. Harmonica's also feature with an interesting attempt at metal rap with Something Worthwhile.
Not a codpiece in sight I'm glad to report!

Gun - Word Up!

Gun - Something Worthwhile

1 comment:

  1. I liked the single Better Days, may have to dig that out and post it. I was them support Texas back in 1988/89 and they were alright, seem to remember the singer loved himself and they all wore Biker boots. I think that there was a familial connection between members of Gun and Spiteri but I may just be making that up

    ReplyDelete