Search This Blog

Sunday 8 December 2013

Southern Soul Sunday 10


A native of St Louis, Missouri Ann Peebles shot to prominence in the 1970's with a number of hits on the Hi label out of Memphis.
Probably best known for  I Can't Stand the Rain, co-written as were many of her songs by her husband Don Bryant, and I'm Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down.
I would imagine most of you are familiar with these two so I have selected a couple of others from her Greatest Hits collection for your enjoyment.
So famous that a town in the Scottish Borders was named after her - allegedly

Ann Peebles -I Feel Like Breaking Up Somebody's Home

Ann Peebles- A Love Vibration

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring the great Ann Peebles, CC. It's a good start into sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb. Someone once said "you can't go wrong with the Hi record label". Or King. Or Nashboro. Great music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right there George - I would include Kent as well

    ReplyDelete