Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 October 2013

The Portsoy Thrift Shop Experience

Wouldn't that be a great name for a band!

The thrift shop in the rather pleasant North East Scottish village of Portsoy has probably got the cheapest CDs that I've yet come across - four for a pound!
I could only see two that caught my fancy. In retrospect I should have grabbed another two and recycled the jewel cases.
This was one

This Sheffield band is a personal vanity project of one Stephen Jones and are famous for one track "Your Gorgeous" which reached number 3 in 1996 .
Anyone spending more than 25p on the album and expecting more of the same will be extremely disappointed
According to the sleevenotes Ugly Beautiful is the search for perfection and is like trying to kill flies with scissors.
A pile of pants I say

Babybird - Candy Girl

Babybird - You're Gorgeous

No comments:

Post a Comment