Search This Blog

Thursday 23 May 2013

The Power of the Blog


On the 9th of May the Vinyl Villain posted Some Random Thoughts from the MP3 Player of the Big O
here
This included a track from Hopewell a band I had never heard of which I played and liked.
Fast forward a week and I am in Oxfam in St Andrews when I come across The Curved Glass by the band.
I'm having that  I thought.
It's good stuff -plenty of mellotrons etc and not too dissimilar to Mercury Rev or the Flaming Lips, which is no bad thing.

I first came across Eleanor McEvoy on Cover Lay Down doing Mother's Little Helper.On the back of that I've bought lots of her stuff and saw her perform a terrific concert last night with this as the encore.

Such is the Power of the Blog

Hopewell - Lazy Day

Eleanor McEvoy - I Knew the Bride (When She Used to Rock'n'Roll

2 comments:

  1. That McEvoy song title is worth the price of admission alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed,
    It is a cover of a Nick Lowe song sung by Dave Edmunds
    She also did a great cover of True Colours - better than the original

    ReplyDelete