Search This Blog

Friday 26 April 2013

Lady Eleanor


One of my greatest Internet discoveries has to be the Irish folk singer Eleanor McEvoy.

I first came across her doing a cover of the Stones Mother's Little Helper which completely blew me away. I think it has probably something to do with her Irish accent occasionally making itself heard.
This track can be got on her 2008 album Love Must be Tough which can be picked up for next to nothing and which I would thoroughly recommend.

I've now got 3 or 4 of her records including the excellent Yola from 2001 from which the second track is taken.

She is probably best known for the song Only a Woman's Heart which features in a number of soppy compilations - but don't let that put you off.

Eleanor McEvoy - Mother's Little Helper

Eleanor McEvoy - I Got You To See Me Through

No comments:

Post a Comment